The Message made plain

The Inner Quest Study Course on the Teachings of Jesus

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Lesson 7 -- Exercises

.
    Set A: (2 points per item)

    1. Life is forever.
    2. The lower worlds are poor images of the higher worlds.
    3. Truth comes only gradually as a result of continuous study and application of divine principles.
    4. What money is to this world, character is to the heaven-worlds.
    5. Man is both body and soul together.
    6. At the Day of Judgment, our bodies shall be resurrected from their graves.
    7. In heaven, everyone sits all day long, singing praises to God.
    8. Our worldly successes will count favorably in the determination of whether or not we can already enter heaven.
    9. In heaven, our eligibility for entrance will depend on who will intercede in our behalf.
    1. In the Kingdom of God, there are many mansions or graded levels of heaven.
    2. Sooner or later, everyone will eventually be able to merit heaven.
    3. All spirits are holy spirits.
    4. Only those who live the truth can ever know the truth.
    5. Nothing imperfect can enter heaven.
    6. Our physical body is just a vehicle for learning lessons in the physical plane.
    7. If we have studied diligently and attained to a high level of spiritual knowledge, we certainly will be allowed into heaven.
    8. Through constant meditation and contemplation, we can attain to Nirvana or its equivalent heaven.
    9. Provided we do no harm to anyone, we’re sure to go to heaven.
    10. The prayers of our friends will lift us up to heaven.
    11. The more we learn, the more there is to learn.

    Set B: (2 points per item)

    1. "What is born of the flesh is _______ and what is born of the Spirit is ________" (JN 3).
    2. "In the kingdom of my Father, there are ______ mansions" (JN 14).
    3. "Marriage is ______ for people here on earth; but when those who are declared worthy are raised from the dead and enter the kingdom, they do not _______. And they never _____ again. Instead, they will be ____ _____ ________ who are sons of God because they have gained for themselves a _____ _____ ________ kind of life" (LK 20).
    4. "‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you _____ me; I was thirsty and you ______ me a drink; I was a stranger and you ______ me ____; naked and you _________ me; sick and in prison and you _________ me’" (MT 25).
    5. Love and goodness, peace and wellbeing are present everywhere. _____ ______ and _____ __________ that all men have suffered while upon the earth just cannot be in heaven. And in heaven, in the realm of the angels, the __________ _________ ____ _____ ______ can be enjoyed to the fullest (Text).
    6. "He is the God of _____ ________, not of _____ ______; for to Him, all are _______" (LK 20).
    7. Then he said, "Lord, remember me when you enter into your kingdom." And Jesus replied, "I assure you that this very day, you shall be with me in __________" (LK 23).
    8. "Abraham said, ‘The ____________ have warned them time and again. Your brothers can ______ ______ anytime they want to.’ The rich man replied, ‘No Father, they won’t care to ______ ______. But if someone who is dead were to come and talk to them, then they would surely turn from their sins.’ But Abraham said, ‘If ______ _______ ________ to Moses and the prophets, ______ _______ ________, either, even though someone rises from the dead!’" (LK 16).
    9. "I have used __________ to tell you these things, but the time is coming when the truth shall _____ ____ ____ ________ and I will speak to you _________ about the Father" (JN 16).
    1. In the World of Perfection, there can be _________ ___________ (Text).
    2. "I am telling you the truth: I speak of ______ ___ ______ and testify of ______ ___ ______ ______ and yet, you won’t believe me. But if you cannot even understand what I am telling you concerning the things of this world, how can you possibly believe me if I told you _______ _____ ________ ____ ________? And no man has ever gone up to heaven, except the Son of God who came down to earth ______ ________" (JN 3).
    3. Jesus answered, "Who is my mother? And who are my brothers?" Then he pointed to his disciples and said, "Look! ______ are my mother and my brothers! Whoever ______ what my Father in heaven _______ _____ ____ ____ is my brother, my sister and my mother" (MT 12).
    4. "Unless your righteousness ___________ that of the Pharisees and other Jewish leaders, you will _______ be able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven" (MT 5).
    5. "Oh, there is ____ ______ ______ I want to tell you, but you cannot understand it now. When the ________ ____ __________ _____ _______ comes, he will _______ you into _____ _______" (JN 16).
    6. It never was meant for us to remain here on this ___________ planet. Earth life is merely an intermediate phase, a take-off point to ___ ________ ______ (Text).

    Set C: (3 points per item)

    1. We can make a heaven on earth.
    2. Man is the greatest in all creation.
    3. In heaven, we will have authority over the angels.
    4. In heaven, we will be able to fully satisfy all our unfulfilled physical desires.
    5. There is much less pain and suffering in heaven.
    6. The truth can be realized by simply studying God’s word.
    7. Truth is relative.
    8. After Jesus had returned home to heaven, God no longer spoke to men.
    9. The Holy Spirit must be obeyed.
    1. The Holy Spirit will simply tell us the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home